Therapeutic Deep Tissue Massage Spa in Miami
Massage is one of the oldest healing arts. Chinese records dating back 3,000 years document its use. The ancient Hindus, Persians and Egyptians applied forms of massage for many ailments and Hippocrates (Greek physicians) wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. Today, the benefits of massage are varied and far-reaching.
As an accepted part of many physical rehabilitation programs, massage therapy has also proven beneficial for many chronic conditions, including low back pain, arthritis, bursitis, fatigue, high blood pressure, diabetes, immunity suppression, infertility, smoking cessation, depression, and more. And, as many millions will attest, massage also helps relieve the stress and tension of everyday living that can lead to disease and illness.
So What Is Therapeutic Deep Tissue Massage Exactly?
Massage, bodywork and somatic therapies are defined as the application of various techniques to the muscular structure and soft tissues of the human body.
Massage: The application of soft-tissue manipulation techniques to the body generally intended to reduce stress and fatigue while improving circulation. The many variations of massage account for several different techniques.
Bodywork: Various forms of touch therapies that may use manipulation, movement, and/or re-patterning to affect structural changes to the body.
Benefits of a Deep Tissue Massage!
- Keep the body & mind functioning optimally
- Promotes well nourished and healthy skin
- Improves circulation of blood and lymph
- Relaxes muscles and improves joint mobility
- Improves immune system functioning
- Improves energy flow
- Helps relieve certain common physical problems
- Helps to bring body back into optimal functioning condition
- Relieves tension headaches
- Eases Muscular back pain
- Alleviates Stress and anxiety
- Releases patterns of bodily toxins through slow strokes and deep finger pressure on contracted areas